Frequently Asked Questions
Artists & Bands
- How do I use the embed player ("Radio Player")?
- How can I use the embed player ("Radio Player") on other websites?
- How can I get my new album reviewed by MadeLoud?
- When and how do artists get paid?
- How do I convert my songs to MP3?
- Why Legal Music Downloads?
MadeLoud.com is a music website that incorporates the content of an indie music publication with the services of an online music retailer. Our intent is to create a site that empowers independent musicians to be who they are while maintaining creative control over their music and financial control of their sales.
- Zero membership fees of any kind.
- Free signup.
- Unlimited upload space for Artists.
- Receive 80% of sales made off of music downloads and ringtones sales, and 85% of all merchandise sales (hats, t-shirts, CDs etc.).
- Individual control of your storefront! Share your music for free, or set your own price.
- Zero membership fees of any kind.
- Free signup.
- Ability to buy music and merch direct from your favorite bands
- Create your own playlist in your personal Radio Player
- Read exclusive MadeLoud articles, reviews, interviews and news
MadeLoud.com supports indie artists of all genres. Artists can also categorize their songs as explicit, kid friendly, or clean. This helps fans find the music they like.
No, all artists get to signup for free PLUS they get free unlimited upload space for music! It's also free to set up a storefront and start selling merch (including CDs, LPs, T's, stickers and more) direct to your fans.
As a fan it's free to join the community and enjoy the benefits of supporting independent music!
One of the first things you will need to do in order to use MadeLoud's store, is set up a PayPal account if you don't already have one.
In order to buy MP3s and merchandise on MadeLoud, fans can use their credit card through PayPal. Paypal allows you to send and receive payments quickly and securely online using a credit card or bank account. You can also check the status of your payment and review your own payment history.
Artists will need a PayPal account in order to sell (or buy) MP3s and merchandise. Artists do not need Premier or Business PayPal accounts to sell their products since all money transactions will go through MadeLoud's account in order to ensure fairness and efficiency.
- Sales (general): MadeLoud provides artists with the convenience of selling digital content and physical merchandise all through a single site. Artists who sell their products on MadeLoud will have the money they make transferred into their PayPal account. Payouts are carried out once a month on the 15th. There are no minimum sales for payout, which means even if you earn as little as $0.01 we still pay you out!
- Selling MP3s: All an artist must do is upload .mp3 files of their songs and set their prices, with the option of choosing a free download as well. Songs can be sold (or offered for free) as individual tracks or they can be grouped into digital albums as a "package deal" option. When grouping songs into an album, the artist should first create and name the album, and then upload the songs into that album.
- Selling Physical Merchandise: An artist who wishes to sell physical merchandise on MadeLoud must be willing to take on the responsibilities required to do so. Selling merch through MadeLoud is similar to selling items on eBay; the artist is responsible for shipping the items they've sold undamaged and in a timely manner. MadeLoud will consider the sale completed only after the item has shipped. Prices are set by the artist, and must include shipping costs. With that in mind, a small amount of research is a must before any physical item is put up for sale in the MadeLoud store.
1) Make sure you have logged into your MadeLoud Artist Account
2) Once logged in, click on "my site" from the top navigation bar
3) When you have reached your dashboard page underneath the menu block navigate to manage content > music > add a track or add an album
4) Fill out the required fields to complete the process.
If you have any problems with this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Adding music to the Radio Player, also known as "featuring" music, is simple. After you have uploaded your music, return to the "Music" tab on your profile page. To the right of each song is a series of icons with different functions. The star at the end will feature a song to your player when you click it. To un-feature a song, simply click that icon again.
One thing to note is that if the featured song has been designated as a free download, the entire song will play out through the Radio Player. If the song is for sale for $0.01 or more, a shorter "preview" ~30-45 seconds will instead play.
The MadeLoud Radio Player has many features that you can utilize on all your sites, including MySpace. When anyone clicks on the artist's profile picture thumbnail that appears in the player while a song plays, they are automatically forwarded to the artist's own Music Page on MadeLoud.com. From there, they are able to view, listen to and purchase any music they like.
All MadeLoud users have the chance of getting reviewed as we listen to all the music our new users upload. If you'd like to have the chance of being reviewed, sign up. It's easy and FREE.
If you are with a label, please contact email@example.com
Artists make 80% off of their download sales and 85% off of any physical merchandise sold. We pay out the 15th of every month with no minimum sales. Which means if you earned as little as $0.01 you will still get paid!
Songs must be converted to .MP3 format in order to be uploaded and listened to on MadeLoud. This also includes uploading songs which you desire to sell. If you are having problems converting to .MP3, you should head over to http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ and download the "CDex - Open Source Digital Audio CD Extractor." It's free and easy to follow. This program can convert everything but .WMA to .MP3. If you want to convert .WMA files to .MP3, you will need to visit www.download.com and get the "Free WMA to MP3 converter 1.08" and follow the instructions accordingly. After you've converted all your songs to .MP3, you'll be ready to upload them to your MadeLoud page for other users to listen to or purchase.
In an era when it can be expensive to constantly pay for new music and possibly illegal just to download songs off of the internet, MadeLoud features free and legal music downloads from many artists in many genres, including indie and hard rock, dance, and Christian Contemporary. Fans can download free music knowing that they're helping to spread the word about independent artists, without the guilt associated with illegal music downloads.
Yes! All downloaded music on MadeLoud.com is DRM-free and is compatible with most media players.
We offer a small preview of any track being sold for profit. Once downloaded, a user can listen to the complete track. Users can preview an entire song if the song is offered as a free download by the artist.
Yes! Please link back to the original article to give MadeLoud and our awesome writers the credit they deserve.