CONTEST IS OVER - THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!
After years and years of bootlegs, alternate versions, and long-winded writing about the album, the official Smile box set is coming out. The unreleased album by The Beach Boys is arguably the most famous unreleased/unfinished album in pop history, but this deluxe, beautiful package is the most complete document of Smile's creation that we're going to ever see.
The box set includes:
- 5 CDs / 2LPs / 2 7" singles
- Three-dimensional shadow box lid featuring the original artwork of Frank Holmes.
- The Box Set measures 13" x 13" x 2.5"
- 60 page case bound book features liner notes by:Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, Frank Holmes, Peter Reum, Tom Nolan, Domenic Priore
Anecdotes by:Marilyn Wilson-Rutherford, Diane Rovell, Dean Torrence, Mark Volman, Michael Vosse, David Anderle, Danny Hutton
Frank Holmes drawings
More than 60 previously unreleased photos
- 6 panel folder holding 5 CDs and singles. Features photos of original session tape boxes.
- 7" vinyl singles
- "Heroes and Villians" in sleeve art
- "Vega-Tables" in sleeve art
- Gatefold 2 LPs
- Features full tracklisting of proposed unfinished album +
- Stereo mixes and session highlights (not available on CDs)
- 12" x 12" booklet created for original release features:
- Photos by Guy Webster
- Drawings by Frank Holmes
- 24" x 36" poster of Frank Holmes cover art
Want to win a double cd featuring some of the songs on the box set? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll pick a winner.
NOTE CORRECTED EMAIL ADDRESS!